I think my year was amazing. I feel absolutely blessed and amazed looking back to it!
Thinking about what makes me feel that way I realize that it has nothing to do with a “pretended perfect live” we have.
- I had people in my life that rejected me, not liking who I am.
- I am not completely free to do anything I want, because of my commitment to my husband and my children which I also have to consider.
- There were days of discouragement, with lack of vision and perspective.
- Our house has some issues that should be fixed, but for now, we don’t have the finances to do it.
- Our relationship as a couple had some disagreements, conflicts and times when we weren’t as close as others.
- There were times I was confronted with me not being perfect at all – offending, disappointing or hurting others with my shortcomings
- There were other situations that were not superb at all…
However, what makes my life so great and the reason why I feel so blessed and amazed looking back at my year, has nothing to do with my circumstances but how I experience these circumstances.
Back in time, I would have felt agitated, depressed, devastated, ashamed for who I am, unloved, rejected and deeply troubled.
What makes me feel so grateful is to see that I’ve become so much more peaceful about who I am, my life, God’s reality in my life. I see these situations and sometimes I have many thoughts and questions about what happened – but inside, I stay on solid ground.
Whatever happens, there is this solidness, this peace, this deep gratefulness about my life and what God made out of it.
This scripture from Proverbs 31. 25 has become more and more reality in my life:
Strength and dignity are her clothing and her position is strong and secure; she rejoices over the future [the latter day or time to come, knowing that she and her family are in readiness for it]! (AMPC)
And with this reality I am looking forward to this next year of 2018!!